Old December 26th 12, 09:58 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Size of KX new forecourt

In message
, at
08:25:34 on Wed, 26 Dec 2012, e27002
remarked:

I do not have an answer to your question. However, this is a good
opportunity to jump in and say how well the new arrangements at Kings
Cross Network Rail station work. Passing thru the station, on the way
to Leeds, in early December, I was impressed with the improvement in
passenger flow. I ate on the upper level. When my platform was
shown, it was a quick walk over the new footbridge, and down an
escalator to reach my train.

When I did that, the experience was marred by the displays at the
escalators being out of action, so a memory-test about which platform to
descend to.

And, oh what joy to see the carbuncle in front of the station coming
down.

Although some have fond memories of it (seriously).

OTOH The new TfL arrangement is less than impressive. The route from
the Victoria line to the new ticket hall/exit is very long with no
travelators, or warning. Someone with limited mobility could easily
find himself in discomfort, or worse, difficulty.

I agree, the new route especially to the Victoria Line was "advertised"
as being better than before, but is far worse than the old (although
existing if unsigned) route.

Having walked from Platform 1 to the Victoria Line (which is almost
directly below) via that enormously circuitous route, they have
definitely missed a trick in not having a short-cut from the end of
Platform 0/1/2 to the Victoria (and Picc) lines.