Old December 27th 12, 02:05 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Size of KX new forecourt

Clive Page wrote:
On 26/12/2012 22:58, Roland Perry wrote:

Having walked from Platform 1 to the Victoria Line (which is almost
directly below) via that enormously circuitous route, they have
definitely missed a trick in not having a short-cut from the end of
Platform 0/1/2 to the Victoria (and Picc) lines.

You keep missing the point. The design of the KX-St.Pancras complex
isn't anything to do with the railway stations, it's a shopping centre
which just happens to have a few railway stations scattered about the
periphery :-). If they put in all the obvious short-cuts (I'd really
like one connecting St.Pancras low-level to the tube system without going
up two floors then all the way down again) we wouldn't have the lure of
all those retail outlets presented to us, and then we might not spend so
much on their fast food and tat.

But there aren't any "retail opportunities" in the underground labyrinth
connecting the tube tunnels to the barriers.