Old January 1st 13, 08:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Met line signalling

On Tue, 01 Jan 2013 11:04:21 +0000
Paul Corfield wrote:
coming in house. The key decision will be how LUL decides to deal with
the Picc / Bakerloo and Central line upgrades and who wins that work.

I can't help thinking its a bit premature to think about upgrading the
central line. Surely the 92 stock isn't that knackered? And the ATO while
from a passengers point of view seems a bit lead boot larry with the throttle,
it does the job.

times and assets have different life spans. There is also a risk in
"putting all your signalling eggs in one basket". You cited concerns

Sure, but given how long it takes to do even one line all the problems should
be ironed out there and further installations should be essentially plug and
play.

operator. I also doubt the IPR would be released by manufacturers for
commercial reasons.

Depends how old it is. If it was really ancient they'd probably give it up
for a fee. Besides, in a lot of software contracts these days the code is
held in escrow for the client just in case the supplier goes belly up.

B2003