Old January 2nd 13, 05:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
e27002 e27002 is offline

Default London Crossrail 2

On 2 Jan, 16:02, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at
15:10:12 on Wed, 2 Jan 2013, Michael Bell
remarked:

Thameslink isn't new - the Thameslink Programme is a comprehensive
upgrade of the route, but it's not a new link.

The upgrade is also more than 15 years late.

I know very well that this route was created in Victorian times, was
unused 1912 - 1985 (hard to believe, but true!) and has been piecemeal
enlarged since then, but the increase in capacity amounts to about as
important a step as Crossrail. Just done with less fuss

You have to be kidding! Northern section truncated at St Pancras for a
year (in the middle of all the rebuilding) and every weekend for even
more years.

and trumpet blowing.

I think they are a bit ashamed of being 15years late.

Let us hope the finished project is all for which we hope. Is the
underpass beyond London Bridge going ahead?