Old January 4th 13, 11:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
77002 77002 is offline

Default So much for a 4% rise

On 4 Jan, 09:34, wrote:
Used the tube today - a 3.60 fare has gone up to 3.80. Thats 5.5%. Is there
some rule in LU that the fares have to be rounded up to the nearest 10 pence?
What the hell is the point of having a smartcard system if its less flexible
than cash? Useless money grabbing *******s.

The week I started work in the West End (nineteen sixty something) the
fare from Waterloo to Piccadilly Circus was 3d (just over 1p). A week
later there was an increase. It went up to 6d (2.5p). I guess TfL
and its predecessors never looked back!