Old January 4th 13, 12:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default So much for a 4% rise

On Fri, 4 Jan 2013 04:49:33 -0800 (PST)
77002 wrote:
On 4 Jan, 12:24, wrote:
On Fri, 4 Jan 2013 04:14:40 -0800 (PST)

77002 wrote:
later there was an increase. =A0It went up to 6d (2.5p). =A0I guess TfL
and its predecessors never looked back!

No doubt back then they were coming out with the same old guff about need=

ing
it for service improvements which are "just around the corner! Honest guv=

!".
Arthur Daley would be embarrassed to do to his customers what TfL do to i=

ts
passengers on a daily basis. Still, I'm back in the car next week so ****=

em.

One sympathises with your sentiment. From my perspective, my time in
the UK is enhanced by not driving.

Don't get me wrong - I don't find driving to work in the car enjoyable. The
north circular is a hideous road. But its cheaper , quicker, more comfortable
and far fewer abnormal delays. In fact the one time the road was completely
stuffed and I ended up crawling along in a 6 mile jam it was still a few
minutes quicker than the normal non delayed tube journey. For anything other
than into central london the tube is hopeless. As for the NLL which I tried
once, ye gods - a horse and cart would have been quicker!

B2003