Old January 6th 13, 10:41 AM
Robin9 Robin9 is offline
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim..... View Post
"Robin9" wrote in message

d;135285 Wrote:
On Fri, 4 Jan 2013 04:49:33 -0800 (PST)
77002
wrote:-
On 4 Jan, 12:24, wrote:-
On Fri, 4 Jan 2013 04:14:40 -0800 (PST)

77002 wrote:-
later there was an increase. =A0It went up to 6d (2.5p). =A0I guess
TfL
and its predecessors never looked back!-

No doubt back then they were coming out with the same old guff about
need=-
ing-
it for service improvements which are "just around the corner! Honest
guv=-
!".-
Arthur Daley would be embarrassed to do to his customers what TfL do to
i=-
ts-
passengers on a daily basis. Still, I'm back in the car next week so
****=-
em.-
-
One sympathises with your sentiment. From my perspective, my time in
the UK is enhanced by not driving.-

Don't get me wrong - I don't find driving to work in the car enjoyable.
The
north circular is a hideous road. But its cheaper , quicker, more
comfortable
and far fewer abnormal delays. In fact the one time the road was
completely
stuffed and I ended up crawling along in a 6 mile jam it was still a
few
minutes quicker than the normal non delayed tube journey. For anything
other
than into central london the tube is hopeless. As for the NLL which I
tried
once, ye gods - a horse and cart would have been quicker!

B2003

As a frequent and enthusiastic motorist, I agree that travelling by car
is
usually cheaper, quicker and more comfortable. That's why I despise
those
anti-motor car bigots who insist that no-one needs a motor car in
London.

I am however surprised that you find the North Circular so bad. Although
TfL's
two enhancement projects have both turned out to be complete failures
and
a disgraceful waste of money, I still find the A406 a fairly good road.
Living in
Leyton, I am of course adjacent to the best stretch of the road.

precisely.

Try the section through Ealing and the junction with the A1, they are the
pits

tim
I bypass the Ealing Common section as much as possible and I have over the years
worked out a few useful avoiding routes. The A1 junction/Henly's Corner in my
experience is only really bad during the peak periods.