Old January 6th 13, 10:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Planned engineering work between Acton Town and Hammersmith this weekend

In article , (D A Stocks)
wrote:

wrote in message

Why oh why don't they let airport passengers use Heathrow Express or
Connect as an alternative

They do, don't they? = or are you saying Heathrow Express wasn't
running either?

They stopped allowing tube passengers from using HEx as an alternative ages
ago. They also seem to have an awful lot of engineering possessions closing
all four tracks between Hammersmith and Acton Town.

You had a number of options at various prices for the journey. You
took a choice for the price you were prepared to pay, and that's the
service you got.

The best option by far for me with luggage is normally the Piccadilly Line.
King's Cross to Heathrow direct on one train with no unavoidable stairs to
platforms at either station. It's how we got there on December 27th.

Heathrow Express goes to a useless destination made more so by the
curtailment of the Circle service. More lengthy stairs without lifts at
Paddington or Edgware Road. Though lifts like those at Acton Town with so
many passengers with luggage around are also pretty hopeless.

--
Colin Rosenstiel