Old January 6th 13, 11:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Planned engineering work between Acton Town and Hammersmith this weekend

wrote:
I find the choice of this weekend to block the route from Heathrow to
central London particularly inconsiderate to passengers. I'm sure this is
one of the busier weekends at Heathrow with people on Christmas and New Year
breaks returning. There were a lot of people with luggage everywhere.

I flew off on a holiday on 27th December with no mention of the works and
got back this evening recommended to change at Acton Town and Ealing
Broadway to reach King's Cross via the Central Line and Oxford Circus. TfL's
Journey Planner suggested a journey time of 1 hour 20 minutes, not too bad.

Obviously a bad journey home, for which I sympathasise. I wonder, however,
if you checked the TfL Journey Planner for the homeward journey before
departing? I always do, especially if I hope to travel over a weekend,
especially over the Xmas/new year period.