Old January 7th 13, 09:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default So much for a 4% rise

On Sat, 5 Jan 2013 12:31:15 +0000
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 11:20:20 on Sat, 5 Jan
2013, tim..... remarked:

I am however surprised that you find the North Circular so bad.
Although TfL's two enhancement projects have both turned out to be
complete failures and a disgraceful waste of money, I still find the
A406 a fairly good road. Living in Leyton, I am of course adjacent
to the best stretch of the road.

precisely.

Try the section through Ealing and the junction with the A1, they are
the pits

Hence the meme that the traffic news saying "avoid the North Circular"
is futile, because anyone who can possibly avoid it, already is.

The main problem is that there are relatively few roads that bridge the met
line in north west longon which forces all the traffic that needs to go
east-west or west-east to use the 406 or be squeezed onto the few local
roads that also go over it.

B2003