Old April 5th 04, 02:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Subway (New York) vs Underground (London) [Quite long]

"Annabel Smyth" wrote in message
On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 at 14:03:03, John Rowland
wrote:
"Annabel Smyth" wrote in message

According to some sources, they can't do the
"next train" indicators that we have, as it's "too
complex", which I think is b*ll*cks, but there you are.....

Well, LUL can't do the next train indicators either,
at least they can't do them properly!

True, but at least they give you some idea!

What I meant was that although they are very useful on the Victoria Line and
certain other lines, there are stations on the Circle Line where the nice
multiline LED displays only tell you about one train[1], and only when it is
practically in the station anyway. The Piccadilly Line displays are great at
telling you about the next three trains to Heathrow but neglecting to give
any clues about the next train to Rayners. It is almost as if the system was
bought off the shelf, having been originally designed for a network with
simpler lines (such as Tokyo or Paris Metro).

[1] That's one LU train, not one ONE train.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped