Old January 8th 13, 08:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default London Met line signalling

On Mon, 7 Jan 2013 23:51:53 -0800 (PST)
e27002 wrote:
All trains will have ATP: On the S stock it will be provided by the
Cityflo 650 system. On Chiltern DMUs it will be provided by Selcab
equipment via some form of compatibility layer with the wider Cityflo
650 system.

Modern Railways has reached me. And, I have read the article. It is
very interesting, but why does TfL have to be so non-standard. Can
they not utilize a system compatible with the rest of the UK.

Don't be silly - they can't even utilise a system compatible with their
own ATO lines already in operation! TfL are the dictionary definition of
an organisation that has to constantly reinvent the wheel. And waste god
knows how many hundreds of millions in the process.

B2003