Old January 9th 13, 11:08 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
77002 77002 is offline

Default London Met line signalling

On 8 Jan, 19:34, "
wrote:
On 08/01/2013 13:13, e27002 wrote:

On 8 Jan, 12:01, Andy wrote:
On Tuesday, January 8, 2013 7:51:53 AM UTC, e27002 wrote:

Modern Railways has reached me. *And, I have read the article. *It is

very interesting, but why does TfL have to be so non-standard. *Can

they not utilize a system compatible with the rest of the UK.

So, which ATO system is in use in the rest of the UK?

The UK is supposed to be moving towards ERTMS. *Surely TfL could
utilize that as a baseline?

Not sure I invited sarcasm?

The signalling systems on national rail networks and metros around the
world largely tend to differ, from what I have seen.

Correct. But, a couple of points are pertinent. 1. There is not
point in having a standard if a major operator goes ahead and ignores
it. And, 2. Other Metro systems with which I am familiar (Marta, LA
Co Metro) are physically separate from external systems, save for
stock delivery sidings. TfL's system is not just inner city rapid
transit; it is also a suburban railway. As such it has numerous
shared routes with other operators.