Old January 10th 13, 11:43 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default S7 Stock to Barking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 12:35:10 +0000
Recliner wrote:
back in 2003 or earlier? And, yes, the PPP was a huge waste of money.

Agreed.

But given where we are now, wouldn't you complain even more if the D
stock wasn't replaced by the S stock in 2016, but by some other new
design of sub-surface stock in 10-15 years time?

I only use the district line once or twice a year so I don't know the
condition of the D stock, but presumably they must've been given a full
service (or whatever its called) when they were refurbished so must be good
for a few years yet. There's stopping LU just buying S stock for the district
in another 10 years other I suppose that their own idiotic re-inventing the
wheel idiology whereby they'd insist on wasting money retendering for an
entirely new design for its own sake rather than buying a proven one.

B2003