Old January 10th 13, 02:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Daily Telegraph: 150 fascinating Tube facts

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at 11:10:49
on Thu, 10 Jan 2013, David Walters remarked:

125. Nineteen stations just use lifts.

They have stairs as well.

A list I've been looking for but haven't been able to find is stations,
or platforms really, that don't have publicly accessible stairs.

I've always understood that every station with "only" lifts also has
emergency stairs (that may not be well signposted for regular use).
And also some stations still have the stairs despite now being fitted
with escalators (TCR springs to mind).

Then there's another set of stations with stairs in between the
escalators. Marble Arch as an example?

How many stations don't have at least one flight of stairs as well as
escalators between street and platform?

--
Colin Rosenstiel