Old January 10th 13, 06:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Walters David Walters is offline

Default Daily Telegraph: 150 fascinating Tube facts

On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 18:49:37 -0000, tim..... wrote:

"David Walters" wrote in message
If you have a desire to avoid lifts and escalators then a lot of the
underground is off limits and it is very hard to plan a route with
available information.

I can understand why someone might want to avoid lifts,

But what possible (disability) reason is there for wanting to avoid
escalators but are able to use stairs?

The only disability reason for wanting to avoid lifts I can think of
is claustrophobia. People might equally have a phobia of escalators
(is there a name for that?), they can be fairly dangerous machines and
have removed a toe from a user from time to time. I think that concern
would be better addressed by wearing stout shoes but phobias aren't
always very rational like that.

I have my own slightly silly reasons for wanting to avoid lifts and
escalators. I don't really think TfL should go out of their way to provide
me with information to help but I thought I might find something on the
Internet. So far I haven't.