Old January 11th 13, 07:34 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
allantracy allantracy is offline

Default London Underground superlatives: the oldest … the largest?

Bakerloo: * * 11 new, 23 shared [1]
Central: * * *26 new, 55 takeover
Circle: * * * *1 new [2]
District: * * 30 new, 28 takeover, 8 licenced [3]
H&C: * * * * * 9 new, *7 takeover
Jubilee: * * *31 new [4]
Metropolitan: 81 new, 37 bought [5]
Northern: * * 48 new, 10 takeover
Piccadilly: * 38 new [5][6]
Victoria: * * 22 new
Waterloo: * * *2 new

Totals: 299 new, 100 takeover, 37 bought, 23 shared, 8 licenced

So out of 467 km, either 307 km or 330 km, depending on how you count,
were new build. So that's between 65% and 71%.

[1] The section north of Queen's Park was built by the LNWR with the
intention of being shared with the Bakerloo.
[2] Two short sections not shared with any other line.
[3] Lines built by the LSWR and LTSR for the dedicated use of the
District.
[4] Excluding the section shared with the Metropolitan.
[5] Companies purchased by the Metropolitan.
[6] Excluding the section shared with the District.

Nice figures though I guess there's room for some debate.

I'll start by querying that Northern Line figure wasn't all of the
Northern north of Camden originally part of the GN, certainly High
Barnet and Mill Hill East but confess I'm not sure about Edgware?

Was the West Ruislip (Central Line) new build or obtained from the GW.