Old April 5th 04, 07:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default New rail operator "One"

On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 16:42:19 +0100, Sam Holloway
wrote:

Does that mean, then, that the other Eastern franchises making up
'One' have been merged? I didn't think that was the case. I'm well
aware of how the same parent company operating many franchises has to
have some degree of separation between them, but I thought that was
still the case *within* One?

Depends on your definition of "merged". There is now only one franchise
and one contract to cover 2½ former franchises - therefore there has
been a merger in that sense. There have been route directors appointed
that I assume follow the sub branding with the "One" brand.

Whether the organisation has been merged yet I very much doubt and we
will have the fun and games brigade from RMT and ASLEF seeking to merge
the staff's Ts and Cs to the highest common level pretty soon.

National Express have a monumental task ahead of them if they are to
wring out enough efficiency / savings / extra revenue to pay the premium
back to the SRA that is required from their bid. Expect an interesting
version of typical National Express staffing levels being applied to
former Anglia and First Greater Eastern areas along with cutbacks in
"competing" services e.g. Ipswich.
--
Paul C