Old January 12th 13, 08:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Daily Telegraph: 150 fascinating Tube facts

In message , at 13:31:19 on Sat, 12
Jan 2013, tim..... remarked:

Erm, both routes he was comparing were from the Circle platforms.

Who would do that, now that you also have to change at Edgware road?

A kind person has emailed me the original report, and it was published
in July 2010, based on data collected by LUL from 1998 to 2005 - when
the Circle was still a circle (and not a teacup).

The full report is 22 pages long, but doesn't seem to have "30%" in it
anywhere, although it's full of very jargony/geeky statistics and
terminology.

In terms of "proving what the funders wanted", the main objective
appears to be to investigate why travellers don't make the best
decisions about where to change trains, and how things like the
presentation of the map could be altered to help make their journeys
quicker.

One example that chimes well with me is the way Green Park looks like a
good place to change trains, but isn't (very long walks). It actually
deserves the dumbbell-icons even more than Baker St and Euston, and
about the same as Bank/Monument.