Old January 14th 13, 12:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Daily Telegraph: 150 fascinating Tube facts

In message , at 12:30:06 on
Mon, 14 Jan 2013, David Walters remarked:
If you have a desire to avoid lifts and escalators then a lot of the
underground is off limits and it is very hard to plan a route with
available information.

There's a list of "Stair equipped" stations he

http://www.geofftech.co.uk/tube/facts.html

I'm not sure that is the list I'm looking for.

I agree it lacks a certain Venn-foo.

That page includes "The follow stations only have escalator access to
the platforms" but I think it doesn't list stations that have lift as
well as escalator access.

I thought you wanted stair-only. If lifts are also acceptable that moves
the goalposts a bit.

For example are there stairs, not locked behind emergency doors,
at Canary Wharf?

Unlikely in any event. Stairs at deep stations tend to be either the
spiral ones that are a legacy from when they only had lifts, or a fixed
staircase in between two escalators.

I'm not sure the guide acknowledges the latter properly, as I was fairly
sure Marble Arch was one such station, bicbw.