Old January 14th 13, 01:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Walters David Walters is offline

Default Daily Telegraph: 150 fascinating Tube facts

On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 13:26:53 +0000, Roland Perry wrote:
I thought you wanted stair-only.

I do, the geofftech page doesn't help much with that list. geofftech
doesn't try to answer the "can you get to the platform only using stairs"
question so it isn't very helpful. But I wonder if Waterloo should be
listed as "platforms only reachable by escalator" since I don't think
there enough fixed stairs or lifts?

I'm not sure the guide acknowledges the latter properly, as I was fairly
sure Marble Arch was one such station, bicbw.

davros.org lists Marble Arch as having a fixed stairway. Which I assume
is why it isn't on the geofftech page as accessible only be escalator.

If I ever find myself with a free day I'll have to go and explore. I'd
like to work out how Bank/Monument is bolted together if you avoid
escalators.