Old January 14th 13, 07:13 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default S7 Stock to Barking

On 14/01/2013 19:24, Roger Lynn wrote:
On 14/01/13 17:10, Roland Perry wrote:
Out in the provinces the existence of "all day" tickets (typically
around £4) means people only have to pay once, and combine that with an
"exact change only" policy and it's quicker overall than having people
fumbling in their purses to find their bus pass.

Unfortunately my job is moving to Swindon, where apparently many of the
buses are "exact change only". I thought that sort of thing had gone out 30
years ago. It makes me very reluctant to use the buses because I can't be
sure of having the correct fare, especially if I have no idea what the fare
would be and the only way to find out the fare seems is to get on a bus and
ask. This is extremely unfriendly to passengers.

Roger

You could, of course, find out what the local transport agency is in
Swindon and either access their website or give them a ring.