Old January 15th 13, 10:50 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default S7 Stock to Barking

In message , at 11:38:26 on Tue, 15
Jan 2013, Tim Roll-Pickering remarked:
Out in the provinces the existence of "all day" tickets (typically around
£4) means people only have to pay once, and combine that with an "exact
change only" policy and it's quicker overall than having people fumbling
in their purses to find their bus pass.

Providing of course later buses are signed up to the all day tickets. Many a
traveller has tales of being caught in a suburb or satellite village and
finding the only buses that turn up at that time won't accept the already
purchased ticket.

All-day tickets that are interavailable between operators are generally
harder to find and more expensive. I've never found that people *expect*
an all-day ticket to intervailable, so checking that the suburb you are
travelling back from has buses from the right company, at the time you
need them, is an inevitable (but trivially easy) part of the exercise.

And this information isn't always easy to find online.

For Nottingham, where I lived and there were several all-day tickets
available, such information is very easy to find online.