Old January 17th 13, 08:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default S7 Stock to Barking

On Wed, 16 Jan 2013 17:48:11 +0000
Robin9 wrote:
Except every year since god was a boy we've been hearing the same
refrain
from whatever mayor or before that westminster politico was in charge.
And
yet still there is a 3rd world level of service on some lines not to
mention
constant signal failures at the same old places and other assorted
****ups.

B2003

Wrong! Almost the opposite is true.

Not about the service. The one time I took the tube to work last week there
were delays on the piccadilly and central lines. Its always nice to have
my decision to commute by car vindicated every time I take the tube these days.

Ken Livingstone held fares down for as long as he could get away with it
even

One of the things IMO Ken was good at was transport (shame about his tedious
racial agenda bordering on obsession) and part of that was keeping the fares
down. He got the point that the tube is a public service, something which
Boris doesn't seem to grasp.

points Steve Norris made during his unsuccessful campaigns to become

If Norris hadn't been such compliant bull****ting mouthpiece for the company
that screwed up at Potters Bar he might have done better.

not in order to increase investment. (What new projects has Boris
Johnson
initiated? Almost everything completed during his term was started by
Livingstone.)

Unfortunately the only thing Boris is interested in is Boris. If him starting
new schemes or projects won't boost his popularity with the faithful any
further then he won't bother.

Neither of these two wastrels has indicated there is a link between fare
levels and investment.

I don't think that needs to be pointed out to the average traveller. They
clocked that years ago.

As for the quality of services, I suggest it may be more due to
management
and the suspiciously high costs of every project. The more that is spent
on
existing projects, the less there will be for other important work.

Its management and staff. I've lost count of the number of times I've watched
drivers amble along to take their train at Arnos Grove or White City while
500 people have been sitting there for 5 minutes waiting for them to get their
lazy arse into the drivers seat with trains no doubt backing up behind. Its an
attitude problem that seem to be ingrained at LU.

B2003