Old April 5th 04, 10:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Concorde down the A30

Colin wrote:

Can't believe I was slumbering in bed when all this was happening a
few streets away. However, went down to the quay this evening to have
a nosey and was most impressed.

The barge is huge, and totally fills the channel to the west of
Isleworth Ait. The barge has been turned to face downstream ready for
the off next week sometime. Even better, you can have a beer in the
garden of the London Apprentice and contemplate past glories as
Concorde sits right next to you

You can only see the top half of the fuselage and it looks a bit sad
with its wings & tail clipped, but at least they put the nose back on.

Concorde was down inside the barge this afternoon, totally invisible.
Not sure if they'll raise her again before she heads downstream,
expected on Easter Monday 12 April. If anyone finds out what time she
will depart Isleworth, please post here.
--
Richard J.