Old January 20th 13, 06:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Theo Markettos Theo Markettos is offline

Default Heathrow Connect and Oyster

wrote:
In article ,
(Theo Markettos) wrote:
[1] Hmm, BZ6 to LHR does exist:
http://www.brfares.com/#fares?orig=0...&rlc=%20%20%20
but it's more expensive (6.00) than H&H to LHR (5.20). OTOH BZ3 to LHR
http://www.brfares.com/#fares?orig=0...&rlc=%20%20%20
is cheaper (6.60 v 7.40) than Ealing to LHR.

BZ6 to LHR is presumably for journeys from the west outside Greater London,
not for Heathrow Connect from H&H.

Possibly, I'd fail to twig that H&H is in zone 5 not zone 6. Though BZ5 to
LHR is the same price as BZ6.

I'd also failed to spot that West Ealing (zone 3 west of Ealing Broadway) is
7.40, which makes sense of the BZ3 fare.

Sigh. If only Heathrow Connect was 'zone 99' or something, would make
life a lot easier.

Indeed. As I keep saying it's high time the evil nonsense of the BAA (or
whatever it's called this week) monopoly was brought to an end. It should be
incorporated into the London public transport network like pretty well every
other airport train service in the world.

Charge a special fare for HConn if you really must, but all this messing
about with paper tickets just gets silly...

BTW, anyone know what the interchange at Ealing Broadway is like between
HConn and Central? It's an over-footbridge job isn't it?

Theo