Old January 20th 13, 09:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default Heathrow Connect and Oyster

In message of Sun, 20 Jan 2013
17:35:08 in uk.transport.london, Theo Markettos
end.org.uk writes
Heathrow Connect doesn't accept Oyster cards (between Heathrow and
Hayes & Harlington). So what's the recommended method to make a journey
between Heathrow and somewhere in Oysterland, for example Stratford changing
to/from the Central at Ealing Broadway?

[snip]

Any better ideas?

The last time I went to Heathrow, I trained to Hayes and Harlington and
took a bus from there. I find the Piccadilly line trip to LHR from
Central London is longer than I want to spend on the Underground.
It was impressively fast on a Sunday morning.

Live travel information is available at http://m.countdown.tfl.gov.uk/a
rrivals/57303.

I think that stop now has a Countdown display, but can't remember how to
check.

Journey planner information is available at http://journeyplanner.tfl.g
ov.uk/user/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en&sessionID=0&type_or igin=stop&n
ame_origin=Hayes%20and%20Harlington%20Rail%20Stati on&type_destination=st
op&name_destination=Heathrow%20Central%20Bus%20Sta tion

You either take a 140 direct or an H98 towards Hounslow Bus Station and
a second bus from Harlington Corner.

I assume Heathrow Central. Terminals 4 and 5 are different.

I would not do Heathrow via Ealing Broadway and Acton Town as was
advised this weekend. It is step free at Ealing Broadway and there are
lifts at Acton Town.

Central Line to Ealing Broadway and continue to Hayes and Harlington
involves two stairways.
Hayes and Harlington station exit is by a stairway.
--
Walter Briscoe