Old January 21st 13, 11:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Heathrow Connect and Oyster

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
16:46:51 on Sun, 20 Jan 2013,
remarked:

As I keep saying it's high time the evil nonsense of the BAA (or
whatever it's called this week) monopoly was brought to an end. It
should be incorporated into the London public transport network

Given that BAA paid for it to be built, are you prepared to buy it
off them at cost (or some other larger figure)?

Like the PFI companies and Croydon Tramlink?

Was Croydon Tramlink built to be a separate privately-operated line?

99 year concession wasn't it?

BAA have had an ample return on their investment by now.

They manage to cover the running costs, but I don't know how much of
the capital investment has been paid back.

It's also a bit complicated because the objective of HEx is to create
a visible up-market service, for people who would never have used the
Piccadilly Line, and thus most of the passengers are abstracted from
the roads, an important public policy objective in West London.

How successfully are they abstracted from the roads?

In any case this thread started discussing the situation where the normal
Piccadilly Line option is not available.

--
Colin Rosenstiel