Old April 5th 04, 11:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jack Taylor Jack Taylor is offline

Default New rail operator "One"

"Darren" ] wrote in message

I'm not sure on how the SRA works exactly, but isnt the advise that if you
are putting a job out to contract (for anything), its advisable not to

just
go for the one which can promise the most for the least amount of money,
which accoding to GB Railways at the time, is what the SRA have done with
NX.

Sadly that appears to be the only criterion that the SRA are currently
using. Therefore it looks as though we can expect some further surprises,
possibly with the imminent reallocation of the Inter City East Coast (ICEC)
franchise, currently held by Sea Containers and operated as Great North
Eastern Railway.