Old January 21st 13, 02:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Heathrow Connect and Oyster

In message , at 14:52:58 on Mon, 21 Jan
2013, Mizter T remarked:
In any case this thread started discussing the situation where the normal
Piccadilly Line option is not available.

What they should do is put on extra "Connect" trains, and accept TfL
tickets. HEx is a red herring.

No paths for extra Connect trains (either on the GWML, or in the
Heathrow tunnels).

So how is Crossrail going to work then? (And we are talking about
Sundays).

HEx isn't a red herring, as in the past TfL tickets have indeed been
accepted on it (at, I understand, a very significant cost to TfL).

One of the problems with that is people buying a "proper" HEx ticket (or
using a return half) feeling cheated and wanting their money back.