Old January 21st 13, 04:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Heathrow Connect and Oyster

In message , at 16:37:47 on Mon, 21 Jan
2013, d remarked:
I would have expected all those studies to be done, big airports are
very sophisticated about such things (even if the front line minimum
wage staff give a different impression some of the time).

I can't see BAA - or whatever its called this week - producing a report
telling their shareholders that they poured money into a white elephant.
What is needed is an indepedent report if it hasn't already been done.

That's what auditors are for. (Not that they always do a great job, but
in this case hundreds of millions are at stake).

In any event, the number of passengers by each mode will have been
independently surveyed, so all that BAA are doing is crunching the
numbers.