Old January 26th 13, 11:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Waterloo & City special service Sat 26 and Sun 27 January 2013

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 13:50:15 +0000, Walter Briscoe
wrote:

I have just noticed:
"Waterloo & City A special service with extended opening hours will
operate on Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 January. Trains operate between
0800 and 2200 Saturday and 1000 and 2000 Sunday"
It did not appear on the Planned Works Calendar

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/l
ivetravelnews/planned-works/calendar/default.aspx on 24 Jan and was not
in engineering announcements on 25 Jan.

The operator at London Underground Customer Services was surprised by
it, but found out, from Supervisor Staff at Bank/Monument, that it was
remedial action for "Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 January, no service
between Edgware, East Finchley and Kennington via Bank and between
Edgware, East Finchley and Charing Cross."

No repeat is scheduled in the next 3 months.

I would have expected more publicity.

It was certainly referenced in the TfL E Mail that comes every week
about weekend engineering works. That E Mail is sent out just because
I happen to have registered my Oyster card rather than specifically
asking for the weekly eng wks info.

Really? My Oyster is registered but I get no engineering works emails.

--
Colin Rosenstiel