Old July 18th 03, 10:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london
IanB IanB is offline

Default "London Rail"

"Richard J." wrote in message

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message
Has anyone seen: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/rail/

On a minor note, do we *have* to use the roundel for absolutely

everything?
(including Dial-a-Ride!) I could cope with tube, buses and trams... even
river services... but I thought the DLR logo looked much smarter *not*

as
roundel, and as for Street Management, the PCO, Victoria Coach

station...
etc.

The roundel was adopted by London Transport as their corporate logo, and

it
seems to me entirely sensible that it should be used in a similar way by
Transport for London. It is certainly preferable to the use of a

different
logo for TfL.

Since the residents of London elect the Mayor directly, and the Mayor
controls TfL, it's important that people should understand the scope of
TfL's responsibilities. The use of a common logo is a good way of

achieving
this. The use of New Johnston as TfL's standard typeface has a similar
purpose.
--
Richard J.

Thinking of TfL and its logo(s), can anyone explain why it often displays
itself as "Transport for Lond" - with the final "on" faded into the
background? I could perhaps understand if the "ON" was stressed by some
form of highlighting but as far as I can see it is always minimised.
Perhaps the answer is that the real agenda of Ken & Co. is not to get LondON
but to make it LondOFF
--
IanB

swap my names around to reply to me
n.b. as I subscribe to two large newdsgroups it may be several days before I
see a newsgroup response