Old February 10th 13, 06:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default No crossed lines at King's Cross

In message , at 15:16:34 on Sat, 9 Feb 2013,
Mizter T remarked:
On a related note, are there any subterranean payphones (i.e. deep
platform level) on the London Underground network still in existence?
If not, when did the last one go?

I think they may have been removed when Rabbit covered the LUL network
(in the early 90's). Not that it lasted long, but it did work while it
lasted.

Nope, there were BT payphones around on the LU network far more
recently than that (Rabbit ceased service in December 1993).

My Rabbit gear was swapped for an Orange phone [which I still have
stored somewhere] when the latter launched in April 1994.

Whereabouts were the BT phones? I can't picture them at all. The
concourse at Baker St is the sort of place I might have looked, but not
down on the tube platforms.