Old February 10th 13, 09:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default No crossed lines at King's Cross

In article ,
(Charles Ellson) wrote:

On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 01:00:03 +0000, "
wrote:

On 09/02/2013 23:11, Charles Ellson wrote:
On Sat, 9 Feb 2013 16:39:09 +0000,
(A.Lee) wrote:

wrote:

On 09/02/2013 14:11, Mizter T wrote:

When there was some concern about them potentially catching fire,
IIRC. Not something LU takes any chances about these days (quite
rightly).

Please explain.

Vending machines are strictly controlled on LU (TfL?), by having to
meet strict rules on flammability and control of any fires.
I used to supply (well, not me, but the Co. I worked for) various
equipment for LU, all of these had extra fire proof material compared
to our normal stuff, as well as extra sfatey features inside - e.g.
faster breaking CBs and a fire extinguisher if a fire did occur.

Maybe the chocolate machine suppliers couldnt meet these rules?

There are also the elements which have killed off unattended vending
machines in general - vandalism and theft.

The few times that I purchased any sweets from them, I found that they
would dispense more than one of what I bought. I wonder if that was a
factor?

You must have come along just after I got damn all out of them. :-(

You and me both! They kept diddling me so I gave up using them.

--
Colin Rosenstiel