Old February 11th 13, 11:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Victoria line signalling

On Mon, 11 Feb 2013 12:38:54 +0000
Paul Corfield wrote:
"The transponder sends a 2.4GHz data signal back to the reader."

2.4Ghz eh? And LU is rolling out wifi into stations. Hmm. What could possibly
go wrong?

I'm not a techie - are you suggesting there is an interference risk?

Depends what frequencies around the 2.4Ghz band they use but if they use
ones on or near the wifi ones then yes. No doubt they used that band because
its license free but I wouldn't have thought you'd have needed a license if
its only ever used underground. I suspect the risk is small but why take it
at all?

B2003