Old February 13th 13, 09:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Repeated traffic light failure

wrote:
On Wed, 13 Feb 2013 09:47:43 +0000
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:41:19 on Wed, 13 Feb
2013, d remarked:

There are also two Muslim Faith Schools in Nottingham.

Elsewhere in the country there are also Jewish, Hindu, Sikh and Greek
Orthodox Faith Schools.

Unfortunately. "Religious education" is an oxymoron.

We can and do educate children *about* religion - thinks like explaining
what religions believe in (spiritual and culinary), when their religious
holidays are and what they signify.

I don't have a problem with kids learning about religion at school, I have
a problem with them being indoctrinated there - being told for 10 years that
whatever particular fairytale their faith happens to believe in is the gospel
truth and takes priority over scientific reasoning wherever the two disagree.

Yup, on that topic, we're in full agreement. What I particularly resent is
that these cults do this with taxpayers' money, not their own. I don't want
my taxes propping up any cult indoctrination. Religious education, if any,
should be done outside school and school hours, and shouldn't involve any
state support.