Old February 13th 13, 10:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Repeated traffic light failure

In message , at 10:06:54 on Wed, 13 Feb
2013, d remarked:
I don't have a problem with kids learning about religion at school, I have
a problem with them being indoctrinated there - being told for 10 years that
whatever particular fairytale their faith happens to believe in is the gospel
truth and takes priority over scientific reasoning wherever the two disagree.

Best to avoid going to school in the USA bible belt, then.

There was no "indoctrination" at my staunchly CofE orientated (but not
CofE run) secondary school; we even had a Chapel and a Chaplain[1], and
in those days I think 'prayers' at assembly every day were a general
requirement. If you didn't want to attend chapel (and there were some
who didn't) then arrangements were made to spend that 15 minutes each
week in a classroom catching up on homework.

[1] Who sent his daughters to the Ursuline Convent School across the
road, as we were boys-only.