Old February 13th 13, 11:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Repeated traffic light failure

In message , at 11:31:13 on Wed, 13
Feb 2013, Walter Briscoe remarked:

My own experience is that I went to school, without adult supervision,
from the age of 4.

Same here (well, from whatever age I first went to infant school, the
absolute latest would have been 5 and a quarter).

My children were escorted to nursery and primary schools

Mine walked (on their own) when it was within walking distance [we moved
several times so modes changed], but we always lift-shared when walking
wasn't possible.

and travelled, without escort, to secondary school by public
transport.

Mine exclusively walked, about 20 minutes each way.