Old February 13th 13, 09:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default Repeated traffic light failure

On 13/02/2013 09:47, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:41:19 on Wed, 13 Feb
2013, d remarked:

There are also two Muslim Faith Schools in Nottingham.

Elsewhere in the country there are also Jewish, Hindu, Sikh and Greek
Orthodox Faith Schools.

I don't think bus policy is the real problem here!

Unfortunately. "Religious education" is an oxymoron.

We can and do educate children *about* religion - thinks like explaining
what religions believe in (spiritual and culinary), when their religious
holidays are and what they signify.

When I was at school we didn't learn about what they believed in, only
what they (supposedly) do. Muslims go on pilgrimages and don't like
pictures, Jews wear little hats and don't eat pork, Hindus, er, are very
foreign so who knows.

And despite years of compulsory daily worship at primary school, I don't
know what Christians _believe_, other than that the book 1 stuff is a
bit of an embarrassment, their friend in the sky can't tell the
difference between people acting from choice and those who are forced to
do something, and he has major self-esteem issues.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK