Old February 13th 13, 11:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Repeated traffic light failure

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
10:40:35 on Tue, 12 Feb 2013,
remarked:
withdrawing school travel subsidy from those children who chose to
travel more than 3 miles to a faith school, when there was a
regular school close by.

I suppose the Catholics complained bitterly?

"The local diocese reacted angrily to the plans..." although there
are apparently 6 CofE schools as well as seven Catholic ones.

It's only the Catholics who try to insist that their flock only go to
Catholic schools, AIUI.

But there may be parents who insist their children go to a CofE
school, irrespective of what the local vicar dictated. I don't know
why else the news story I referred to would have mentioned CofE
schools as well as the catholic ones.

There are also two Muslim Faith Schools in Nottingham.

Elsewhere in the country there are also Jewish, Hindu, Sikh and Greek
Orthodox Faith Schools.

I can't speak for elsewhere but in Cambridge CoE schools are very much
community schools first and not exclusively Faith school. My children and
granddaughter wouldn't have gone to one otherwise.

--
Colin Rosenstiel