Old February 14th 13, 07:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Repeated traffic light failure

In message , at 18:46:05
on Wed, 13 Feb 2013, remarked:

I can't speak for elsewhere but in Cambridge CoE schools are very much
community schools first and not exclusively Faith school.

Here's an extract from the CofE Secondary which was the second nearest
school to where I lived in Nottingham (the first nearest being a
Catholic School), both of which were in addition to conventional
community schools serving the same area (indeed both were sited in the
catchment area of the local Comprehensive, but had wider catchment areas
of their own):

"Church schools are distinctive because they offer an education
based on Christian values. However, what really makes the
difference are when those values are underpinned by beliefs and
lived out in a way that brings added educational strength to the
school. This is most certainly the case at Emmanuel School where
every student has the opportunity to understand and experience
the Christian faith that inspires and motivates the school...

Nottingham Emmanuel School is a truly vibrant community on a
faith journey in which unique value is placed on each individual
as precious to God and every effort made to develop students as
whole people to enable them to reach their full potential in all
areas."