Old February 18th 13, 04:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Southern Metro platform extensions (was TfL grant LOROL 2 year extension)

In article

, (Neil Williams) wrote:

Recliner wrote:

They are ordering lots of new trains, but many are on behalf of DfT and
won't be used on Southern.

You could argue that they (and a small subset of their passengers) don't
deserve them. The state of some of their Electrostars is disgusting
compared with LM's not all that much newer 350/1s which are always
spotless and without bits of panel hanging off, blown bulbs and graffiti
in the bogs.

I can't say I agree with you on that from my own recent observations.

Southern have 170 Electrostar carriages in 5-car trains on order for their
own use, plus 116 for DfT.

--
Colin Rosenstiel