Old February 18th 13, 07:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Southern Metro platform extensions (was TfL grant LOROL 2 year extension)

wrote:

I can't say I agree with you on that from my own recent observations.

Maybe we get the dross on the MK-Clapham runs, then. Most times I use one
I am disappointed by the condition (and dull, dour atmosphere) of the unit,
and more than once also with the poor quality of the staff, who not
infrequently seem to have the London bus driver approach to customer
relations (i.e. communicate only in grunts, if they bother doing tickets at
all).

The Wessies on GatEx, for all I like them as what the Mk3 hauled coach
should have been, are also filthy. They shouldn't have done a refurb
without cleaning the muck off the lighting/ventilation conduit, it just
looks bad.

Southern have 170 Electrostar carriages in 5-car trains on order for their
own use, plus 116 for DfT.

5x20m is an unusual length, wonder why they don't go to a more standard
4/8/12?

Neil
--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK. Put first name before the at to reply.