Old March 4th 13, 12:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard Richard is offline

Default Disaster at Bethnal Green Underground station

On Sun, 3 Mar 2013 21:27:57 +0100, Jarle H Knudsen
wrote:

World War II Today has an article about the distaster at Bethnal Green
Underground station on 3 March 1943:

http://ww2today.com/3rd-march-1943-d...ground-station

I was going to watch an item about it on the BBC News channel this
afternoon, but instead we had an hour about a monarch's gastric
troubles. I know which I think is more important.

The Stairway to Heaven Memorial web site is worth a look:

http://www.stairwaytoheavenmemorial.org/

It seems they need a little more money to finish the memorial -- I
hope they raise it. The list of victims and their ages is a difficult
read, as are some of the memories of people who made it out of there.

Richard.