Old April 6th 04, 05:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Martin Summerfield Martin Summerfield is offline

Default Change from machine

In message , Phil
Richards writes
On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 00:02:45 +0100 Edward Cowling
said...

Today for the first time, due to a gentleman with poor
English taking 30 minutes to buy a ticket. I decided
to try a 20 pound note in the machine at Wood Green
tube station.

Not helped by the fact that Wood Green I think only has two windows in
the first place and one is often closed. The staff seem to be oblivious
to queues or don't seem to know their job too well, a couple of months
back I stood behind someone buying a monthly on Oystercard which took a
good 15 minutes and that's without any language difficulties.

Having more than two windows at a tube station appears to be very rare,
although there are a few National Rail stations with loads of windows -
but the question is when do they all open at the same time!
--
Martin Summerfield