Old April 6th 04, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.transport.london
Martin Underwood Martin Underwood is offline

Default Electric or Hybrid Card or something car, suggestions?

"Clive" wrote in message
In message , Boltar
writes

BWM and Daimler make them because people want them. People want them
because of the cost of fuel. In the US where petrol is the price of
water do you see many diesel cars? No. Now if they're so wonderful why
are there so few in such a car loving nation?

Will, you are uninformed aren't you. Continental America see
temperature extremes which mean diesel fuel can solidify at the low
temperatures they experience. Such a high brow argument is obviously
well beyond what you can comprehend , so stop there before you look even
more ignorant, that's a good lad.

I wonder how diesel-engined trucks manage in the low temperatures. Must be a
real problem for them. Maybe they have heated fuel tanks.

I'd always presumed that the cheapness of petrol in the US was the main
reason why diesel-engined cars have never taken off as they have in places
where fuel is much more heavily taxed. Also, I notice that over here, very
few diesel-engined cars have automatic transmission - diesel and automatic
seem to be mutually exclusive. This makes me wonder whether automatic
transmissions that are suitable for diesel cars are very expensive, which
might be a reason why cars with those engines have never sold well in the US
where almost all cars are automatic and the ability to drive a manual
("stick-shift") car causes peopke think you are superhuman!