Old April 6th 04, 06:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin Mayes Robin Mayes is offline

Default "Running repairs"

"Jack Taylor" wrote in message

I can't offer an explanation but I had a similar experience last year on a
Bakerloo line train. I boarded at Piccadilly Circus to find that the
carriage reeked with a burning smell, a whole bank of seats were lifted

and
two engineers were intently watching the traction motor below. There were

lot of grinding and banging noises (unusual ones) coming from the wheelset
as we progressed towards Queen's Park.

I was surprised that the vehicle was in service. Had it been an overground
TOC then the vehicle would have been locked out of service, rather than

full
of after-show revellers on their way home, surrounding working engineers -
but then that's LUL for you!

You'd prefer the entire train to be withdrawn from service?