Old March 19th 13, 01:29 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Michael R N Dolbear Michael R N Dolbear is offline

Default Shortest Distance?

Tony Dragon wrote

On 18/03/2013 16:05, Michael R N Dolbear wrote:
Tony Dragon wrote

On 18/03/2013 09:00, MikeS wrote:

Leaving aside whether Surbiton is or is in a city, a better

candidate is
just a short distance from your suggestion:
Surbiton Station
Claremont Road / Surbiton Station
Going towards Kingston the 281 and K2 stop at both which are

either
side of the roundabout and probably about 50 metre apart.

Don't know how I missed that, I use that stop most days, but it

would

have to be towards Kingston only, there is no Surbiton Station

stop
going towards Hook.

Yes there is, it's opposite on Victoria Road.

http://nextbuses.mobi/WebView/BusSto...esults/surbito

n%20rail?currentPage=2

Beg to differ, the K2 does not go on Victoria Road; Claremont Road,

1st
road off roundabout, St Marks Hill is its route.

You are of course correct, I was confused by the mention of Hook
whereas the 281 goes to Tolworth.

So the suggestion was for the K2 and 281 stops NN and NC.

And my candidates are (a) that St Marks Hill stop (NN) and stop NP
outside Surbition station southbound only K4

(b) The 71, K3, 465 Victoria Road and Claremont Rd stops NB and NC
northbound to Kingston, stops NK and NP southbound.

Since all the stops are nearly as close to the roundabout as the
planners would permit the distances are likely very similar.

--
Mike D