Old April 6th 04, 07:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default Canning Town footpaths

I'm now working in E14, at the very mouth of the river Lea. The nearest
DLR station is East India, but Canning Town is very little further and,
of course, is served by the Jubilee line. I've been walking up the Lea
to East India Dock road and crossing there to get to Canning Town
station (there is supposed to be a footpath crossing the Lea there, but
it is out of use, being reconstructed, I think).

Today at Canning Town (I shouldn't have gone home that way; the
expletive deleted Jubilee Line STOPPED at Canary Wharf due to signal
failures in the Waterloo area, so I went home via Lewisham which took
ages), I noticed a map of the area which seems to show that if I crossed
the Lea via the pedestrian/cycle path on the Lower Lea crossing, there
is a pedestrian/cycle path up that side of the Lea towards Canning Town.
This looks as though it would be a shorter walk for me.

Does anybody know whether this path is currently in use, or if it, too,
is being reconstructed. I should hate to go all that way up that side
of the Lea only to find I couldn't get any further and had to go sadly
back again....
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 8 March 2004